- Use FedEx Express® packaging for FedEx Express package shipments only; any other use is prohibited.
- You may use your own packaging if boxes are sturdy and undamaged with all flaps intact.
- Chipboard boxes, such as gift or shoe boxes, must be packed into a corrugated outer box.
- Use double-wall boxes for heavier items.
- Place small packages inside a larger outer box. For express shipments smaller than 7" x 4" x 2" (18 cm x 10 cm x 5 cm), use a FedEx Express packaging option.
- Double-box fragile items with 3" (8 cm) of cushioning in and around the smaller box.
- Wrap items individually with cushioning material and centre them in cartons away from other items and away from the sides, corners, top, and bottom of the box.
- Position bottles that contain liquids upright. Use an inner seal and perforated breakaway cap. The inner packaging must be able to withstand leaks.
- Place items that might be damaged by normal handling, such as soiling, marking, or application of adhesive labels, in a protective outer box.
- For odd- or irregular-shaped items, at a minimum you should wrap and tape all sharp edges or protrusions.
- Enclose an extra label, business card, or letterhead with the shipper’s address and phone number and the recipient’s address and phone number inside the package before sealing it.
- Remove all old address labels from reused boxes before shipping, and make sure there are no holes, tears, or corner dents in the outer box.
Prepare and Pack
General Packaging Guidelines.
We want your packages to arrive just as much as you do. Intact. On time. And at the right location. These helpful guidelines can help make that happen.